Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tired Dog? Priceless...

Ranger got to go to the park today. Since I now pretty much only have 1 day off a week, why waste it on trivial things like cleaning my house, doing laundry, or shopping for food? Hell, let's take the dog to the park! Seriously, I have been feeling bad about the dogs not getting out of the house as much as they used to, so I committed to getting them out today. Well, Gwen woke up all stiff and sore today so a marathon park trip was out for her. She got a pig's ear, which was cool by her. In her book a pig's ear is actually better than traipsing around a barren, sun-scorched field in the mid-day heat until the sweat runs down your back and makes the waistband of your jeans all damp and yucky. Or maybe I am just projecting...

So, the park was fine, the park was great. Then on the way back to the car we see them. Sprinklers. (Insert a chorus of angelic voices, and a golden shaft of light shining down from heaven.) Yeah, one of us is a total sprinkler whore, and it ain't the one in the sweat-soaked jeans. Needless to say, frolicking ensues.

Is it worth hauling a huge, soaking wet, smelly dog home in the back of my car just to give him the only few moments of pure, blissful fun that he's had in weeks? And then letting the still damp, still smelly dog fall asleep on my couch in total relaxed contentment?

I don't know, you tell me...





No comments: