Friday, November 21, 2008

Drug Park Update - Part Deux

All has been quiet at the drug park lately. Almost as quiet as it has been on this blog.

However, the other day as I approached the park, I saw the familiar sight of a police car parked along the curb. As I drove past, I saw that the whole picnic table area was cordoned off and surrounded by yellow police tape. Seriously, WTF are those dudes doing over there???

That same night, I stopped at my local grocery store on the way home from work. And, of course, in the parking lot there was a police car. Heh, they're like pigeons in my neighborhood... As I walk up to the entrance of the grocery store, I can see that one of the doors is all blocked off by police tape, and that the cops have a guy spread-eagled on the hood of their squad car. As I walk by, one of the policeman suddenly shouts at the guy "because you're DRUNK, that's why!!" Ahhh, if I had a quarter for every time I've heard that...

Finally just as I enter the store, I encounter a very irate woman shouting into her cell phone. I didn't quite catch the whole conversation, but I believe the basic gist of things pertained to how badly Albertson's was going to be getting their ass sued because of what had just happened to her.

I really need to move.

No comments: